Top 10 Popular Ways to Get Whiter Teeth at Home
You can’t deny the natural human desire to keep our teeth bright. Not only does it make a good first impression, it also boosts one’s confidence. There are quite a few popular and seemingly easy ways to brighten your teeth at home without the need for expensive treatments. Let’s cover the top 10 most popular ways to get whiter teeth at home.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar has antibacterial properties that help remove stain on teeth. Try brushing with a tablespoon and then gargle to kill bacteria and freshen your breath! All round good results!
2. Coconut Oil is known as a natural teeth whitener when 1 teaspoon is swished and pulled from in between the teeth for 15 – 20 minutes at a time, also known as “pulling.” Coconut oil pulling may also aid in reduced plaque formation and slow periodontal disease.
3. Baking soda and salt when mixed together with a little bit of water can make a paste. It’s thought to gently remove stain due to it being mildly abrasive. This concoction neutralizes acids in the mouth and eliminates bacteria as well.
4. Turmeric powder is thought to brighten your smile as well! In the form of a fine powder it acts as a gentle abrasive that removes staining on teeth. It also contains antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties to aid in overall oral health! Rub a teaspoons worth on your finger and brush away! Make sure to rinse well with water after.
5. Mashed strawberry. ‘What?!’, you say, but hear me out: the acidic content of these (delicious) little red berries acts as a mild botanical bleaching agent! Mash up a couple berries and use them like a toothpaste – brush away making sure to rinse well after. Lol, don’t forget to floss to remove the tiny seeds! Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, when you’ve finished rinse your mouth out with baking soda to neutralize the acid of the strawberries!
6. Lemon and salt… wait?? Is it lemon drop shot time? NO! Apply a small mixture (maybe 1/2 teaspoon of each) with a bit of water until you have a slurry. Then rub the paste over your teeth and gums. Let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse you mouth out well with water. Try this for about two weeks, twice a day.
7. Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide mixed together with a touch of water makes a great paste to brush with so they are said to be the dream team. Slightly gritty baking soda is working to break up surface staining and hydrogen peroxide does the power lifting of the the stain. (A process called oxidations.) Don’t forget to rinse well with water after you brush!
8. Apples! We all have heard the saying, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so hopefully they are talking about the dentist too! Apples do a good job of stimulating saliva production which in turn help rinse away stains! WIN! WIN!
9. Avoid any food or drink that would stain a white t-shirt! Forgive me for this but over time things like red wine (gasp!), chocolate, tea, coffee, , blueberries, barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard, etc will stain your teeth! Just make sure to rinse with water after having any of these.
10. Brushing twice a day with your BURST sonic toothbrush and daily flossing will work every time!!!! Our Binchotan charcoal infused bristles will remove impurities AND keep them off to keep those pearly whites clean AND bright!
Are these 10 popular ways to get whiter teeth just not doing the trick? Need something a little extra? Check out our whitening strips here.
** Some of these popular techniques can cause sensitivity so make sure to check with your personal dental professional if you have that experience.