An estimated 30 million people in the US struggle with an eating disorder of some type. Eating disorders are mental and physical illnesses categorized by unhealthy relationships with food and serious disturbances in eating behavior.
In this third and final episode of this series, RDH and health coach Jan Lemoine is going to cover the treatment of eating disorders, the effects of eating disorders on oral and systemic health, and how we can all help. We cannot thank her enough for her bravery in sharing her personal journey and for her passionate willingness to help educate and help others.
Other segments in this series:
- Part I: Core Issues https://youtu.be/1r2dBiv80QY
- Part II: Common eating disorders and how they present themselves https://youtu.be/LEJF3EdiooQ
- Here are some important numbers if you or someone you love are struggling:
- National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA) 800-931-2237 call or text
- In CRISIS, text NEDA to 741741 and you will be connected with a trained crisis volunteer
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders: https://anad.org/
- Jan Lemoine is a registered dental hygienist, BURST ambassador, certified health coach. She can be reached here: theliveandbewelcoach.com.